Saturday, June 28, 2014

Before June of 2014 is Over: Playlist




Welcome to the LATE June (and FIRST) Jam Junkie Blog Post!
This summer has been burning hot with massive hits, and here are a few of my favorites that I've been playing on repeat ALL MONTH LONG!!!

And the countdown starts:

10. Elvis Presley - Blue Moon

Please remember this from now on, I am one to mix the new with the old, and that's why this tune that I discovered in one of my classes is GOLD. Here's a taste of the early Elvis Presley with his tune "Blue Moon":


His vocal intonations are priceless here and a signature sound of his youthful beginning at a musical career. I love this piece because of its beauty.

9. Disclosure - F for You

This month, at least for me, is ALL ABOUT Disclosure! Check them out!



There is a version of this featuring the R'n'B Goddess Mary J. Blige, but unfortunately, I really don't like it as much as the original. Sometimes, the original is better left alone.

8. Disclosure - White Noise (featuring AlunaGeorge)


It took me a while to get this song out of my head. Enjoy! 

7. Disclosure - Confess to Me (featuring Jessie Ware)

Okay, this one is just SEXY! 



6. Disclosure - La La La (featuring Sam Smith) 


We all already know how magical Sam Smith's vocals are, so this one sure is a treat that me and one of my best friends can't seem to get enough of! 

5. DJ Snake & Lil Jon - Turn Down for What

Okay, this one takes the title for Video of the Month. If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check it out below. It is QUITE the experience! ;)



I also really love how this video is not only outrageously entertaining but utilizes actors from many minority groups. Nice touch, Lil Jon. I hold my glass up to you. 


4. Problem - Ariana Grande (featuring Iggy Azalea) 

I'm not really in love with Ariana Grande, she seems a bit pompous and childish, but this song is AWESOME! It deserves to be a hit! Most definitely! 

I'm loving the way that it's a female spin on Jay Z's song "99 Problems" and how Iggy is killin' it as one of the first ultra famous, white, female rappers. Kudos to you Iggy Iggs! :-*


3. Sleigh Bells - Kids

Taking it back 3 years, I just discovered this tune in my class as well. Its fast pace and in your face stereo sound are PERFECT for the Summer! 





2. Calvin Harris - Summer

So, speaking of summer, I have loved Calvin Harris from the start! Waaay before his stuff was ever mainstream. But this tune is addictive! I <3 it! 


And, drum roll for # 1 .   .   . 


1. Haim - Don't Save Me

I swear, whenever I'm shopping @ Forever 21, they play the BEST music! I heard this there a week ago and I CANNOT get it out of my head!!!! 

Here it is: 


And if you're lovin' Haim, (the Los Angeles good girl trio) check out their performance with Lorde on YouTube. :) 


Look forward to my upcoming post on the Norwegian one man band that I'm in love with, Bernhoft! 

Ciao for now my fellow music junkies! 








No comments:

Post a Comment